[DRBD-user] rpc.lockd / rpc.statd on heartbeat takeover of drbd systems.

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Mar 15 17:23:28 CET 2004

/ 2004-03-15 10:52:58 -0500
\ Todd Denniston:
> I think a good deal of my confusion comes from that script not being overtly
> available for comparison with what redhat has.  The way it is used in the
> documentation it looks like the person writing it thought everyone had a copy,
> so I believe it is from a particular distribution which I happen not to be
> using.

As alreaqy stated, the referred to "nfsserver" is
/etc/init.d/nfsserver (for example on SuSE), and if this happens
to be called /etc/init.d/nfs on RH (and derivatives), this is
perfectly ok.

Also note that distributors may have updated their resource
scripts since the hostname issue with statd became obvious.

As you already found out, your Fedora resource scripts seem to
support the hostname parameter to nfsd. In SuSE this is in
 /etc/sysconfig/nfs
 #
 # you can specify a hostname for statd, which makes sense for
 # some ha nfs-server setups
 #
 STATD_HOSTNAME=""

If I understand you correctly, your problem seems to be that you
found a HowTo which refers to problems you do not have, because
your resource scripts take care of them already.

So then, why not just be happy?
Or did I get you wrong?

	Lars Ellenberg