[DRBD-user] Documentation Clarity

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Wed Mar 10 16:37:55 CET 2004

> Matthew Coene wrote:
>

> Hello,

<SNIP>
> My question is regarding some of the documentation which is unclear, to me
> at least, largely I am sure because of my naivete.
>
> I have DRBD 0.6.11 setup and working largely on a custom 2.4.25 kernel.  I
> can syncronize files, etc.
>
> My problem comes in when I am trying to have the filesystem failover, it
> seemingly does not happen automatically, and the documentation I have been
> able to gather points to the script 'datadisk', which is a symlink to
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/drbd, I have checked that out as well, and unless I am
> missing something, there is no easy user friendly way to make this happen...
>
> Any direction or information you could provide would be appreciated.
<SNIP>
newbi to newbi
http://faq.drbd.org/#general   question 1 see heartbeat comment.

find (or rebuild) the directory where you compiled drbd
for me that is /tmp/drbd-0.6.10/
from the drbd package:
file:///tmp/drbd-0.6.10/documentation/HOWTO/x120.html
I do not know the vintage of it, but a version of the howto is available at:
http://www.slackworks.com/~dkrovich/DRBD/heartbeat.html
http://www.slackworks.com/~dkrovich/DRBD/index.html

and this doc was very helpful in getting heartbeat going for me:
http://linux-ha.org/download/GettingStarted.html

Oh, and another hint I figured out yesterday:
if you are on fedora core-1 the /etc/ha.d/haresources file example in:
file:///tmp/drbd-0.6.10/documentation/HOWTO/x120.html
reads
"10-0-1-31.linux-ha.org  10.0.10.10/16 datadisk::drbd0 nfsserver"
nfsserver is the /etc/rc.d/init.d/ script on the machine that starts the nfs
server.
on fedora core-1 that script is called simply nfs so the line would change to:
"10-0-1-31.linux-ha.org  10.0.10.10/16 datadisk::drbd0 nfs"
for fedora, either that or the howto needs to point to a copy of the version
of the nfsserver script it means.

--
Todd Denniston