[DRBD-user] Slow sync speeds

Björn Stenberg bjorn at haxx.se
Thu Mar 4 21:03:38 CET 2004

Brandon Laing wrote:
> Current speeds shown by cat /proc/drbd: 11,252 K/sec.
> Intel Pro 100/1000 MT server adapters with the latest drivers (both with a
> full duplex connection)
> These 2 systems are only 2 switches apart on the network, so I'm thinking
> that I should be seeing a little bit better speeds.

Are those gigabit switches? I.e. do you expect gigabit speeds between the machines?

If so, it sounds similar to a problem I'm having: Two Intel Pro 1000 MT gigabit  cards connected with a crossover cat6 cable, both reporting 1000 Mbit/s full duplex but only actually delivering 100 Mbit/s. (Unrelated to drbd, but I'm thankful for any hints. :-)

If the switches are not gigabit, you are getting full 100 Mbit/s speed already.

Try tcpspray to check the true max network throughput.

--
Björn