[DRBD-user] drbd not starting

abhin.g.s @ RASC rascinc at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 3 08:14:27 CET 2004

hi,

  My name is Abhin. I am trying to implement drbd in a simple ha
setup. Drbd is throwing an error message while trying to start.

-----------------------
machine configuration

kernel 2.4.20-28.7.um.2
RH7.3
HB 1.2.0
drbd 0.6.11-1
2 nics per node
Pentium 4 1.5 Ghz
----------------------

error message

[root at Head1 root]# service drbd start
drbd: pre-parsed needs update, parsing /etc/drbd.conf

  last token read from </etc/drbd.conf> was
  18: }

resource 'drbd0': unexpected end of file
  stopped at /etc/init.d/drbd (parse_resource_section) line 785.

  CVSID Id: drbd,v 1.53 2004/02/08 19:39:57 phil Exp
  BASH_VERSINFO (2 05a 0 1 release i686-pc-linux-gnu)

  If you feel this script is buggy, please report to
  Lars Ellenberg <l.g.e at web.de>, drbd-user at lists.linbit.com

[root at Head1 root]#

---------------------------

please help me to figure out the error, and pls tell me how can
i optimize this configuration

regards,
Abhin.

fstab entries ...

LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults
       1 1
/dev/nb0                /backup                 ext3    noauto
       0 0
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults
       1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts
gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults
       0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults
       0 0
/dev/hda6               swap                    swap    defaults
       0 0
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              iso9660
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto
noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
----------------------
drbd.conf
-----------------------