[DRBD-user] Compilation error with drbd-0.7_pre8 and Linux 2.4

Michael Heim Michael.Heim at gmx.com
Fri Jun 25 19:34:35 CEST 2004

Hi Lars,

in my opinion support for 2.4 kernels is necessary. We are using several SLES
8 in production state. The 0.7 branch of drbd has many features, which make
production more fearless and reliable.

For new systems you are right to use 2.6 kernel systems (like SLES 9, by the
way: where can i get a SLES 9 test version?), but we don't want to migrate
our current systems to a new kernel (with all the testing and migration
effort) , only to use the 0.7 branch of drbd.

So i think it is wise to have two stable versions of drbd (one for 2.4 and one
for 2.6 kernels) at release date of 0.7.

I do the best to help, but i am a IT guy with some cluster knowledge, C
programming is not my favorite.

So long
Michael