[DRBD-user] Performance Issues after Upgrade

James W. Brinkerhoff jwb at paravolve.net
Wed Jun 23 22:43:36 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 23 June 2004 03:28 pm, Helmut Wollmersdorfer wrote:
> James W. Brinkerhoff schrieb:
> > I upgraded to drbd 0.6.12 and it seems my performance has dropped like a
> > stone.    System load runs very high (5.0 or above) and IO operations
> > block often.
>
> Try
>
>    rm /var/lib/drbd/*
>
> before start.
>
> I needed this after upgrade 0.6.10 -> 0.6.12 to get a nice running drbd
> at full speed of the link.

*NOTE* Sorry if there are multiple copies of this message...  My email client
refused to send them with the proper from address.

Did you also get those kernel errors?   I have 2 files in there...
drbd.conf.parsed (which has the same info as /etc/drbd.conf) and drbd0 which
is some binary file...        I'm a little reluctant to blow that away
without knowing what it is...     Both are dated from monday when I tried to
solve my problem by increasing tl-size (which did away with some of the
kernel errors, but not all and didn't solve the speed issues).

This isn't speed on a Full Sync, but during normal writes...

-jwb