[DRBD-user] read-only access on Secondary for MySQL (InnoDB) Raw Partition?

Josh McAllister josh at bluehornet.com
Mon Jun 21 21:12:02 CEST 2004

I understand why we can't do read only access of ext2/3 partitions as we
need the file system to recognize that the underlying device is changing
even though it's read-only. I'm wondering though if anyone has tried
accessing a drbd device from MySQL as an InnoDB raw partition (for
read-only of course)? If this can be accomplished it would be a great
way to do some load balancing using the secondary machine for selects
and the primary for all write operations.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Josh McAllister