[DRBD-user] newbie

German Gutierrez kuhne_24 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 13 17:33:52 CEST 2004

Hi

Please , help me !

First , sorry if my english is not good.

I have two machines with AS2.1 with kernel 2.4.9-e3 (
the fist on default instalation )

The installation will me make me crazy , i follow this
step :

install the kernel-sources of 2.4.9e

on cd /usr/src/linux-2.4 modified the Makefile by
removing the custom portion of the EXTRAVERSION

EXTRAVERSION = -e.3

saved file then issued command
# make mrproper

Then i can't found copy the orignal configuration file
on /boot like a config. or .config Why ??

I carry on any way with the follow :

# make menuconfig and save it
Then
all.distros# make dep

all.distros# make include/linux/version.h

Now on to the drbd portion of the.
Download and install drbd into the /usr/src/ directory
change directory to
# cd /usr/src/
uncompress and untar it with the command
# tar -zxvf drbd-0.6.11.tar.gz

Then i modify some files for drbd to build properly
#define SIGHAND_HACK in the drbd_config.h by deleting
the two forward slashes preceeding the line and save.

Then comment the find sbin/rcdrbd -printf "/%p\n" >>
"$FILELIST" by placing a
# in front of it and save.

now make the rpm by issuing command
# make rpm KDIR=/usr/src/linux-2.4

And finally the creation of rpm give me errors

Have you any steps that can help me , please ? or if
you have where i can get rpm's for DRBD on AS2.1 i
appresiate your help

Thanks

PD : I installed it on FEDORA without no problem , but
my boss need it on AS2.1  :))

Thanks