[DRBD-user] Secondary/Secondary forever?

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Jun 10 11:23:32 CEST 2004

/ 2004-06-10 05:04:55 +0200
\ Helmut Wollmersdorfer:
> Helmut Wollmersdorfer schrieb:
>
> >root at via2:/etc# drbdsetup /dev/nb0 show
>
> >root at via2:/etc# cat /var/syslog | grep drbd
>
> >root at via2:/etc# cat /var/syslog | grep drbd
>
> >root at via2:/etc# cat /proc/drbd
>
> *g*
> Is this a bug or a feature?

Feature.
secondary_remote is a "hint" only.
so if the other side *is* used (mounted, opened),
then this hint is ignored.
otherwise, i.e. if it currently is not used, is goes secondary,
so you have now a drbd resources in "cluster wide standby",
and can chose which one to use.

stems from the days, when the init script did block for sync on both
nodes, not only the primary+syncsource one, to have on heartbeat startup
the "datadisk" resource stopped on both nodes...

	lge