[DRBD-user] Multiple Clusters

Jason Gray jgray at bardelanimation.com
Thu Jun 3 21:50:16 CEST 2004

I'm looking at creating a multi-clustered array server network for our
production environment.  Is it possible to have 5,6,7..n servers clustered
together (kind of like a token ring) to act as redundant arrays for each
other?

So, instead of having a Primary array I would have 5,6 or 7 "Primary" arrays
that mirror each other across an isolated network (10.0.0.0 say).

Each server would provide a work space for 10-20 users.  If the server they
are working on goes down they are routed to a different server.  The whole
server network acts like a 5, 6 or 7 server RAID cluster.

The issue is that the secondary systems are essentially offline.  Can the
systems write to each other while being online?  I need each node to be
active and sending data to each other.  Is this possible?

Cheers,

Jason