[DRBD-user] multiple resources on a harddisk

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Jun 3 10:34:15 CEST 2004

/ 2004-06-02 21:22:05 -0500
\ Santiago Ruano Rincón:
> Hi,
>
> the drbd.conf says this "two drbd devices on the same spindle (hda)?
> performance will be bad..."
>
> But I need to have three resources in the same hd, is it not posible?
> how bad is the performance?
>
> I'm going to use drbd-0.6.12

everything is possible,
and we even have the sync-group parameter
    # Resynchronization of all devices in one group runs parallel.
    # Groups are serialized in ascending order. You should avoid
    # that devices which lower devices share one and the same physical
    # disk sync in parallel. The default group is 0. I.e. per default
    # all devices sync parallel.
    # sync-group = 1

yes, maybe I should have mentioned that in the comment you cited, too.
but it is in the very same file, so what :)

	Lars Ellenberg