[DRBD-user] Lost of connections using Gigabit card

Bernd Schubert bernd-schubert at web.de
Thu Jul 29 00:29:50 CEST 2004

> Both master and slave nodes uses the TEG-PICTX2 (NWay Cooper Gigabit
> Ethernet Adapter) nic. The kernel modules that I've tryed were the ns83820
> (suggested by kudzu) and the dpm (supplyed by the vendor). I downloaded the
> more recent driver version from the vendor's site (www.trendnet.com), but,

More recent? I was curious and looked at the driver you can download there,
its a binary driver (with opensource interface) and its from Feb. 2001.

> for my great surprise, the module doens't compile due to many compilation
> erros. I notifyed the vendor's support and asked for the new release, but

The driver was created for either linux-2.2 or the first releases of linux-2.4
there have probably too many things changed.

I guess the kernel driver is the better choice, but I have no experience with
your card. Anyway neither your kernel nor your drbd version are recent
versions, I guess that Lars and Philipp would suggest to upgrade to
drbd-0.6.13 anyway.

Did you check if ifconfig reports any errors for your network connection? Did
you already try to use another cross-over cable?

Cheers,
	Bernd