[DRBD-user] ASSERT( 0 ) in drbd_worker.c:541

Bernd Schubert bernd-schubert at web.de
Wed Jul 28 16:06:26 CEST 2004

Hello,

after disconnecting and reconnecting one of our drbd devices became not synced
but was left in inconsistent state:

On the primary node we see this in the from dmesg (similar to the output from
the secondary node):

[snip]
drbd2: Connection established.
drbd3: Handshake successful: DRBD Protocol version 74
drbd3: Connection established.
drbd2: Primary/Unknown --> Primary/Secondary
drbd3: Primary/Unknown --> Primary/Secondary
drbd3: Resync started as SyncSource (need to sync 20 KB [5 bits set]).
drbd2: Resync started as SyncSource (need to sync 1088284 KB [272071 bits
set]).
drbd3: Syncer waits for sync group.
drbd4: Handshake successful: DRBD Protocol version 74
drbd4: Connection established.
drbd3: Resync done (total 1 sec; 20 K/sec)
drbd3: ASSERT( 0 ) in drbd_worker.c:541
drbd4: Primary/Unknown --> Primary/Secondary
[snip]

The drbd-version is 0.7, kernel is 2.4.27-rc3.

Any ideas what this message means?

Thanks,
	Bernd