[DRBD-user] creating /dev/nb0 problem

Robert L. Tom robert at estrell.com
Sat Jul 24 05:47:30 CEST 2004

I am using 0.7 DRBD.

I did this..
# drbdsetup /deb/nb0 disk meta-disk=internal meta-index=0 /dev/hda2

and I got this error:
can not open /deb/nb0: No such device or address

o.k. so I searched soem more about /dev/MAKEDEV utility..
I tried this next

# /dev/MAKEDEV nb0
seems to work and saw nb0 at /dev/ directory..

it shows as 0 brw-rw---- 1 root disk 43, <some date> nb0

so I tried the drdbsetup again which was

# drbdsetup /deb/nb0 disk meta-disk=internal meta-index=0 /dev/hda2

and I got the same errors!!

can not open /deb/nb0: No such device or address

what am I doing wrong?
thanks,

p.s. I did configured my drbd.conf and did the
"drbadm up all" and it didn't work..