[DRBD-user] encryption and compression ?!?

Bruno Depero bruno.depero at digicar.com
Fri Jul 23 10:04:13 CEST 2004

Anyone tried to use ssh/zebedee or other tunneling systems to do an
encryption and compression on drbd datas ?!?

I have a replication between two servers on lan. I wish to do a remote
replication on another wharehouse/office... in event of fire, flood,
earthquake, theft, asteroids fall and so on....
I can have two servers here with state-of-the-art data replication, ups,
cooling, everything but in event of a theft or flood ? It's an old
building, when it reall rains water comes in... in a couple of years
we'll have a new and greater building but now really unstable !

I cannot buy two internet connections at 1Gbps !!! And don't want data
be world readable.

I tried with zebedee makeing a tunnel on port 7788 but no way... other
ports are used ?!? nmap reports nothing on 7788...

Thanks in advance to any kind of suggestions.

Regards,
Bruno