[DRBD-user] drbd 7 + xfs + 2.6.7

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Jul 21 19:12:52 CEST 2004

/ 2004-07-21 19:47:27 +0000
\ Florin Cazacu:
> >please make sure you use the latest drbd (at least svn revision 1439,
> >which is 0.7.0.tgz iirc) THIS IS IMPORTANT!  if you use anything
> >before that, you will have lots of problems... btw, modinfo drbd
> >should tell you the revision, and some other things.
> >

>   hmm, I used 0.7.0.tgz, but the svn version is 1438

ok.

> >note that currently xfs seems to still have lots of problems anyways...
> >I know because I know the SuSE kernel-of-the-day, and they have many
> >patches for xfs in there, too.
> >

>    you mean xfs+drbd, not xfs itself, right? Anyway, i'm stressing ext3
> +drbd for now, and I'm pretty sure i'll use it in production.

no, I mean xfs itself.
and in combination with drbd, it shows.
but, I don't know the details.

though xfs seems to run just fine on drbd on the old linbit test cluster
(one SMP, one UP)...

>    It's looking to me that i use the latest version (0.7.0) but not the
> last svn version. I see nothing else that could modify this, maybe the
> patch posted earlier on the list?

well, I'm busy committing parts and pieces,
but nothing that important internally since 1438
(1439 appears to just be the svn cp . tag/drbd-0.7.0, nothing changed.)

So I guess I need to be able to reproduce this
myself before I can start to debug it...
until then just don't use xfs :(

lmb?
any word on drbd+xfs from suse testlabs?

	Lars Ellenberg