[DRBD-user] inital setup question ... 0.7.0 plus linux 2.6.6

Ron OHara rono at sentuny.com.au
Wed Jul 21 18:47:16 CEST 2004

Hi Lars,

(drbd-0.7.0 and linux 2.6.6)

A question about initial setup ... I want to have a process for creating
a standalone 'Primary' DRBD disk (dont ask why :-[ )

So I build the first box of the cluster ... there is no data ... I just
want to initialise a file system and be able to force this box to be the
'primary'.

then:

drbdadm up all

drbdadm primary all

and this complains because it is in WFConnection, Secodary/Unknown  :
Invalid
This is pretty much the expected state .. and I can force it to
Standalone, but it still wont let me force it to Primary/Uknown so that
I can mount the disk R/W and make a file system on it.

Any ideas??

Ron
(PS: I'm deliberately building what starts life as a degraded cluster
..with later upgrade possible without reconfiguration)