[DRBD-user] drbd 7 + xfs + 2.6.7

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Jul 21 18:17:14 CEST 2004

/ 2004-07-21 18:41:57 +0000
\ Florin Cazacu:
> Hello,
>
> I tryied to setup the drbd 7.0 with xfs and kernel 2.6.7-gentoo-r11.
>
> It was looking like is working fine.
> I did drbdsetup /dev/nb0 down on secondary and i copied some data on the
> primary. After this i set the secondary. The sync started, but in a few
> seconds I get a this error messages on the secondary, and the machines
> hangs:
> I tryied the same thing with ext2 and ext3 but it is working fine.
> I use  a separate partition for the meta-disk, protocol B and a rate of
> 20M for xfs and ext2 tests.

please make sure you use the latest drbd (at least svn revision 1439,
which is 0.7.0.tgz iirc) THIS IS IMPORTANT!  if you use anything
before that, you will have lots of problems... btw, modinfo drbd
should tell you the revision, and some other things.

if you get problems with protocol B, try to reproduce in C, too.

note that currently xfs seems to still have lots of problems anyways...
I know because I know the SuSE kernel-of-the-day, and they have many
patches for xfs in there, too.

> The ext3 i used protocol C and a rate of 400M.

> And there are more of this, but not sure if  this is needed.
definetely not :)

if you still can reproduce this with the very latest drbd, and
protocol C tell me.  if it happens only with protocol != C (and
very latest drbd), tell me that, too.

if it only happens with something that is not latest drbd,
fine. than you just confirm that we fixed a bug...

	Lars Ellenberg