[DRBD-user] module insertion failure 2.6.7

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Jul 21 02:39:25 CEST 2004

/ 2004-07-20 19:13:58 -0500
\ Ryan Henry:
> I am getting this when trying to insert the module:
>
> # modprobe drbd
> FATAL: Error inserting drbd
> (/lib/modules/2.6.7/kernel/drivers/block/drbd.ko): Device or resource busy
>
> The module built cleanly and I am running kernel 2.6.7 on gentoo.  Has
> anyone else successfully compiled on 2.6.7 or have any suggestions?

you have nbd already loaded or compiled statically?
that won't work, you cannot have two drivers registered on the same
device major number at the same time...

though with 0.7.0 you can give an additional parameter, like so:
 modprobe drbd major_nr=$SOME_NUMBER
of course, then you need to mknod /dev/drbd0 b $SOME_NUMBER 0 etc.,
and use that device nodes instead of the /dev/nbX ...

	lge