[DRBD-user] question about realtime sync.

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Jul 20 06:13:33 CEST 2004

/ 2004-07-20 09:26:56 +0800
\ David Huang:
> I use iptraf to monitor the status of network.
>
> i did a failover test, "cat /proc/drbd" shows no activities,

so what *does* it show, then?
and wht does the syslog say?

> the numbers
> in ns,nr,dw,dr do not increase unless I execute "drbdadm invalidate
> all", however, the device in secondary node is still empty even i run
> drbdadm with invalidate parameter.

standard minimalistic test:
 on A: scp /etc/drbd.conf B:/etc/drbd.conf
 on A: drbdadm up
 on B: drbdadm up

cat A:/proc/drbd now shows
 ... Connected	... Secondary/Secondary ...

 on A: drbdadm primary r0
 ... Connected	... Primary/Secondary ...

 on A: mke2fs -j -m0 /dev/nb0
 on A: mount /dev/nb0 /mnt/ha0
 on A: touch /mnt/ha0/test-file
 on A: umount /dev/nb0
 on A: drbdadm secondary r0
 ... Connected	... Secondary/Secondary ...

 on B: drbdadm primary r0
A:/proc/drbd ... Connected	... Secondary/Primary ... # now B is primary.
B:/proc/drbd ... Connected	... Primary/Secondary ... # now B is primary.

 on B: mount /dev/nb0 /mnt/ha0
 on B: ls -l /mnt/ha0/

should show test-file now.

what did you do?
what did you see?

> the attachment is my drbd.conf and drbd_config.h

nothing interessting there.
though you may want to use the "DUMP_MD 2" define...

	Lars Ellenberg