[DRBD-user] Red Hat compile Problem

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Sun Jul 18 01:57:00 CEST 2004

/ 2004-07-16 18:48:05 +0300
\ drbd-user at kenyaweb.com:

> I have kernel-2.4.18-14 ...

which, btw, probably contains some known security flaws,
since it is dated from somwhen last year ...
redhat update ftp site offers 2.4.20-something for RH-8.0.
since that dates from 2003, still, and there have been kernel
security issues since, I think it should offer even newer.
but I am no RH policy expert, so they may offer their most recent
patches only for 9 and enterprise ?

anyways, the most recent RH kernel source package
for standard RH seems to be
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/updates/9/en/os/i386/kernel-source-2.4.20-31.9.i386.rpm
or mirror sites.  nearby should be the binary ix86.rpms.
I did no test compile of DRBD against that yet,
but I can do so somewhen in the next days, and resolve compatibility
issues, if there happen to some, still... which I doubt :)

cheers,
	Lars Ellenberg