[DRBD-user] lockup on primary node

John Lange john.lange at bighostbox.com
Sat Jul 17 00:51:10 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 15:18, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> instead of plugging the cable, you could also do
>  iptables -I INPUT -i eth1 -j DROP
>  iptables -I OUTPUT -o eth1 -j DROP
> (or even only drbd disconnect)
> on the surviving box (when eth1 is your crossover cable)...
> in case that the other box hangs somewhere within DRBD,
> it _may_ recover when DRBD recognizes the connection loss.

Ah, thanks for that tip as well. I will try it.

Quick update, I purchased a new CAT6 cable for the Gigabit and have it
installed now.

However, pinging across the Gigabit interfaces during a resync still
results in about 60% packet loss. I have no idea what could be causing
this.

Is there a way to ensure that all console messages dmesg are also sent
to my ssh sessions? As the interfaces usually stay up there is a good
chance that I could capture the messages. Or any other tips that would
help me do this remotely?

--
John Lange