[DRBD-user] lockup on primary node

John Lange john.lange at bighostbox.com
Fri Jul 16 21:52:58 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 14:16, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> have you any indication *what* may hang?
> can you enable sysrq, and, when it hangs again,
> hit sysrq-t (which is showTask)... and see which processes are in "D" state,
> and where (this includes a stack backtrace of each process).
> (if you hook up a serial console, you could capture the output)

The machines are in a datacenter across the city so its not easy to do
but possible. I'm going to go down there now with a new crossover cable
to see if that solves the problem.

If not I will resort to what you mentioned above. The biggest problem is
that it is so unpredictable. Usually it only happens once every 2-3 days
but some times its 2-3 times a day.

> what happens when you unplug the cable?
> does the "hung" node recover then?

Haven't tried it but next time I get a hang I'll ask the data centre
staff to do this instead of the hard-reset. They are fairly cooperative
but I get the impression I'm starting to use up my free reboot
support... :|

Thanks very much for your suggestions.

--
John Lange