[DRBD-user] ioctl(,GET_VERSION,) failed: Invalid argument

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Jul 12 23:24:49 CEST 2004

/ 2004-07-12 22:36:37 +0200
\ Jens Ott:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed drbd 0.7-pre10 on a gentoo-box with 2.6.7 kernel.
> and find a "nbd: registered device at major 43" in dmesg.

well, then NBD registered that device major, and obviously DRBD ioctls
won't work on NBD...
we only hijacked its device major. we are in no way compatible with it...

solution:
disable nbd.

maybe a proper alias to drbd in /etc/modules.conf helps?
 alias block-major-43 off
or
 alias block-major-43 drbd

	lge