[DRBD-user] -pre9 (=rc2)

Bernd Schubert bernd-schubert at web.de
Thu Jul 1 21:08:20 CEST 2004

Hello Philipp,

> I will tag and package drbd-0.7-pre9 (=rc2) tomorrow. Everybody who has
> things like documentation, translations of manpages, .spec files etc...
> for drbd-0.7 lingering around on his harddisk is welcome to
> post his suggestions today...

building the debian package doesn't build at all with the current debian/
directory. To build a 0.7 debian package for our system, I modified Davids
0.6.12-6 debian/sid drbd debian-binary-builder.
Unfortunality its not complete yet, its builds the packages properly, but the
debian-source package has as least two problems

1.) It can't yet decide if its a 2.6. or 2.4. kernel and so doesn't know which
module to install. This would be easy to fix

2.) I never compiled a kernel with make-kpkg and so have no experience with
building debian kernel modules packages at all. So I have problems to test
this part. As far as I currently know (by setting the proper environmental
variables), building a kernel module with the current debian-source package
doesn't work at all, but as I didn't check with make-kpkg I'm not so sure.

Well, the good news are that building the real binary drbd-package works fine.

I'm not so sure if it should be already included, one the one hand it has
problems with the kernel module, but on the other hand its much better than
the current version. Anyway I have uploaded it to :

http://www.pci.uni-heidelberg.de/tc/usr/bernd/downloads/drbd/debian.tar.gz

David and all other debian users, could you please test it and what do you
think about including it?

Cheers,
	Bernd