[DRBD-user] Hard disk upgrade

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Sat Jan 31 18:03:37 CET 2004

/ 2004-01-31 17:19:02 +0100
\ Matthias Zeichmann:
> <quote who="Lars Ellenberg" when="Fri, 30 Jan 2004 22:13:02 +0100"/>
>
> > so the plan A becomes:
> [resize2fs /dev/nbx]
>
> lars, you saved my weekend. i was quite in despair; thanks for your
> suppport.
>
> i just want to bring up a question again asked previously in this thread:
>
> <quote who="Matthias Zeichmann" when="Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:04:21 +0100" />
> > btw: is current cvs compatible with 0.6.7 to allow painless upgrade?
> > api on 0.6.7 was 63...

yes.
"api" is what drbdsetup talks to drbd module.
so be sure you replace the old drbdsetup.
"proto" is what drbd talks on the wire.
all 0.6.X talk proto 62.

(
 0.6.7 had a lifetime of exactly one week, and should not be used
 anywhere, at least unpatched...  well, you were safe if you did
 not use the sync-group functionality ...
)

	Lars Ellenberg