[DRBD-user] Re: [DRBD-dev] RE: [SSI-users] Re: DRBD

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Wed Jan 28 09:15:23 CET 2004

Hi Bruce,

As Lars pointed already out we are a behind our schedule.
The current status is, that drbd-0.7 works very well on 2.4.x based
kernels by now.
On the Linux-2.6.x side, it compiles by now (but do not try to load the
modlue :).

I will do some testing, and ensure that it _does_ work on 2.4.x
and release drbd-0.7-pre5 by the end of the week. ( Due to the work
on the 2.6.x integreation a lot of code is in flux )

Of course it is possible that it is not that stable as drbd-0.6.10 is,
but I think it is essential that you base any effort on the newer
code. (Internally there are huge differences between drbd-0.6 and
drbd-0.7)

Does this sound reasonable ?

-Philipp