[DRBD-user] Why does syncall not use an rsync like mechanism?

Christian Hammers ch at westend.com
Thu Jan 22 01:34:19 CET 2004

I'm wondering why the syncall that occurs after rebooting the
primary and secondary server does not use a kind of rsync algorithm,
i.e. makes a checksum over every MB and compares it with the remote
side. This would drastically reduce the time.

An even more sophisticated algorithm would start with e.g. 100MB chunks
and then lowers or raises this value depending on the number of
non-matching blocks found.

bye,

-christian-

--
Christian Hammers             WESTEND GmbH  |  Internet-Business-Provider
Technik                       CISCO Systems Partner - Authorized Reseller