[DRBD-user] sync speed issue

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Feb 20 13:27:57 CET 2004

/ 2004-02-20 11:19:16 +0100
\ R.B. (Rick):
> Good i was thinking Mbit and not Mbyte...tnx
>
> I have still a problem shutting down primary module..
>  it fails shutting down drbd service with "syncer send failed" error and
> it doesn't shutdown at all (it waits a long time)...meanwhile the secondary
> one will not start drdb service

The "Secondary", as long as it is sync target, is obviously inconsistent.
And so it will refuse to be primary, because it knows it has bad data.

Think about it.

You have a RAID1 with two disks, on of them beeing synchronized
against the one with the good data. you remove the disk with the
good data while synchronization is still going on.

so where do you have your good data, now?

YESS, on last month' backup media :)

	Lars Ellenberg