[DRBD-user] DRBD Long Sync Wait

Vera, Michael mxvera at qwest.com
Mon Feb 9 21:52:18 CET 2004

Greetings,

I am new to drbd and just set up a drbd device of about 55GB in size. It
is mounted by heartbeat (datadisk) as /home. It is to act as a mirrored
filesystem over my two-node cluster.

Here is the drbd.conf file:

drbd.conf
resource drbd0 {
  protocol = C
  fsckcmd  = /bin/true

  on bilbo1 {
    device  = /dev/nb0
    disk    = /dev/cciss/c0d0p3
    address = 10.0.0.1
    port    = 7788
  }

  on bilbo2 {
    device  = /dev/nb0
    disk    = /dev/cciss/c0d0p3
    address = 10.0.0.2
    port    = 7788
  }
}

I ran a test and piped a good 1MB of text into a file on the /home
partition, and the entire sync process had to start over. The sync
process looks like it will take over 60 hours.

Is there any configuration change I can make to speed this up? I gather
a failover would be a bad thing during syncing, but its hard to expect a
failure to wait 60 so the syncing can finish.

Thanks,
Michael Vera