[DRBD-user] ko-count question

Jurgen Schoeters Jurgenschoeters at pandora.be
Sat Feb 7 14:19:51 CET 2004

Hi,

I have a little question about ko-count:

KO-count

If some write request send times out this many times, the peer is considered dead, even if it still answers ping requests

If a timeout happens then drbd will try to reconnect with the other node (connect-int), but if it happens for example 4 times (if ko-count=4).
Then the other node is considered dead, so drbd stops with trying to connect to the other node.
But what happens if the node that is considered dead is back OK a few minutes later ? the other node stopped with trying to connect to that node so what happens then?

Thanks in advance, Jurgen