[DRBD-user] bonding driver

Ward Horner whorner98 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 21:45:19 CET 2004

Has anyone ever used DRBD with the linux Bonding driver?
(/usr/src/linux-2.4/Documentation/networking/bonding.txt).I'm getting
somewhat strange results. For some reason, the primary node comes up as a
secondary and the secondary node comes up as the primary (ie the secondary
node serves the DRBD disk).

Normally when a primary node fails and the secondary node takes over, when
the primary node comes back on-line, it automatically takes back control
from the secondary node. This automatic take-over does not occur when using
the bonding driver. Fail over to the backup server works fine, but it never
changes back when the failed node comes back on-line.

When I remove the bonding driver from the system, then DRBD again works as
expected.

Ward