[DRBD-user] drbd0: [kjournal/521] sock_sendmsg time expired, ko=42949672..

Ward Horner whorner98 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 1 20:36:47 CET 2004

I have DRBD setup with heartbeat doing an NFS export. When I transfer files
to the primary DRBD device I get the error (after about 1-2 minutes):

     drbd0: [kjournal/521] sock_sendmsg time expired, ko=42949672

This error then occurs continuously until I reboot the system. Also the
system has locked out all user control. I can telnet in, but once telnet
has established the connection, I cannot log in. Funny thing though is that
heartbeat does not transfer over to the secondary system, until I reboot
the primary. When I halt the primary and have the secondary takeover, I do
NOT get the error. I only get the error on the primary.

I am using drbd-0.6.10+cvs. The latest file is drbd_main 1.88, Dec 22,
2003. I looked at the more current release, but did not find any changes
that addressed this issue.

I saw an email on Jan 8 from Andreas Schultz where he talks about a similar
problem during synchronization, but I have not seen a resolution. However,
there was mention to a "write_hint_dont_wait" patch.

I am running DRBD on a Timesys Real-time Linux 4.0 system. This distro was
based on Debian and uses the 2.4.18 kernel.

Any ideas what is going on here? I used drbd-0.6.6 and never saw this problem.

Ward