[DRBD-user] 0.7cvs fails build without devfs in kernel

george young gry at ll.mit.edu
Sun Feb 1 04:26:27 CET 2004

[drbd-0.7 from cvs 2004-01-31, SuSE x86 Linux 8.2, 2.4.24]

I tried building 0.7: compiling failed with:
  drbd_main.c:1352: error: `devfs_handle' undeclared (first use in this function)

After I configured devfs in the kernel it built ok.  Perhaps a note in
README or INSTALL file that devfs is required?

How safe do we think 0.7 is running on 2.4.24?  Shall I forge ahead
and use it?

-- George
--
"Are the gods not just?"  "Oh no, child.
What would become of us if they were?" (CSL)