[DRBD-user] use DRBD to mirror qmailqueue

Norman Maurer nm at byteaction.de
Tue Dec 21 08:08:20 CET 2004

Hi to all,

i installed DRBD to mirror my MailServer (QMAIL). Now i think about, to
mirror the QMAILQUEUE too. So when the one MailServer crashes, i still
have the emails that were in the QMAILQUEUE.

QMAIL uses Inodes for setting up the QUEUE.

My question is :

Use DRBD the same Inodes on the primary and secondary host ?
Or is it impossible to use DRBD to mirror the QMAILQUEUE?

An other solution is maybe to mirror the QMAILQUEUE and after switch to
the secondary host run qmails queue-fix to correct the Inodes on the
Queue.

Thx for the help.

Bye

Norman Maurer