[DRBD-user] A GNUbie needs help!

GNUbie gnubie at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 03:45:59 CET 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:43:26 +0100, Bernd Schubert
<bernd-schubert at web.de> wrote:

> This won't help for /var/lib/nfs, it is managed dynamically, so you really
> need this all the time to be consistant!

Well, I just copy the image first of the hard disks of my master node
to the secondary node then configure nfs manually on both nodes.  I'll
just follow the High Availability NFS HOWTO at
http://linuxha.trick.ca/HaNFS and try it if it works in my setup.

> I don't know what mandrake is doing, but offifical nfs utils will have many
> updated to nfsv4 with 1.0.7 (to be released this week?). Anyway, NFSv4 is
> still a rather new protocol and it is not just a (slight) improvement as V3
> to V2 was. Furthermore it is pretty much untested, not what one really wants
> to have in a high availibility environment...

Yeah, I'll just stick with the stable version of nfs-utils in Mandrake
Linux 10.1 Official.

> Yes, I think thats the only partion from your list that makes sense to be
> mirrored.

Yup.  Thanks again.

GNUbie