[DRBD-user] SyncAll failed because of bad sector

Shallyee Shang shallyee.shang at jp.sony.com
Wed Dec 8 08:22:02 CET 2004

Hello,

I have a drbd cluster running. Recently, after I shutdown both node
and restart them, SyncAll ran but failed at about 95% finished.
I found there were some I/O errors while reading from primary
side. Secondary node still remain in "INCONSISTENT" state,
and I don't know how to solve this.

Primary works fine. So I guess the bad sectors should be at unused area.
Does it mean I can never use a HDD with bad sectors?

Please help.

Shallyee.