[DRBD-user] File data corrupt when I switch Nodes

Kevin Izzet Kevin.Izzet at nsc.com
Tue Aug 31 17:16:44 CEST 2004

Hi Lars,

Couldn't get a fresh SVN due to our firewall setup (not locally managed so
can't change) so
I modified the drbd_config.h in the version i have and rebuilt the modules
(on both nodes).

I then restarted drbd on both nodes and forced a full resync of the
secondary node, now
when I try and mount the file system on the secondary node i get the
following error :-

 ./Filesystem /dev/drbd0 /drbd0 ext3 start
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/drbd0,
       or too many mounted file systems
2004/08/31_16:07:25 ERROR: Couldn't mount filesystem /dev/drbd0 on /drbd0

When I check the /var/log/messages file  I can see the following error :-

EXT3-fs error (device drbd(147,0)): ext3_check_descriptors: Block bitmap
for group 512 not in group (block 4294967295)!
EXT3-fs: group descriptors corrupted !

If I restart on what was the primary node then all appears to be ok......

Regards

Kevin Izzet

Database / Unix  Administrator
Tel:     (Code)+44(0)1475 655606