[DRBD-user] DRBD startup errors (Suse)

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Aug 16 01:41:34 CEST 2004

jungs, habt ihr kein zuhause? des is spät!

> Hello Enrico,
>
> > You were right, although I only hat was installed with Yast. Yes, the
> > example config file was there too. However, I modified it to reflect the
> > changess done in V0.7 and now there are no drbd.conf errors. HOWEVER, what
> > is strange (for an original SuSE installation), I get an unusual error this
> > time:
> >
> > #  /etc/init.d/drbd start
> > #  Starting DRBD resources:    Drbdsetup and drbd kernel module are not
> > matching!
> > #  Command line was '/sbin/drbdsetup /dev/nb0 disk /dev/md2 internal -1
> > --on-io-error=detach'
> > #  drbdsetup exited with code 20
> >
> > #  Failed setting up drbd0
> >
> > Why don't the Drbdsetup and drbd kernel module match? Everything comes
> > straight
> >
> > >from the SuSe installation disks. What can I do to make them match?

> I have no idea why they doesn't match, but as I/we use debian, I'm not so
> familiar with the Suse internals. Did you already check for an Suse-update.

yes, there should already be an update...

anyways. there is user space and kernel space.
they have to match.
in suse, that is drbd.rpm and km_drbd.rpm
so make sure that the version of that both packages match.

and that you unload/reload the drbd module, just in case.

> It should be without '=', whats the exact error message?

might be that it is minor-count now, no more underscore...

	Lars Ellenberg