[DRBD-user] DRBD startup errors

crisen at tiscali.co.uk crisen at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 00:10:23 CEST 2004

Hi Bernd, and List,

You were right, although I only hat was installed with Yast. Yes, the example
config file was there too. However, I modified it to reflect the changess
done in V0.7 and now there are no drbd.conf errors. HOWEVER, what is strange
(for an original SuSE installation), I get an unusual error this time:

#  /etc/init.d/drbd start
#  Starting DRBD resources:    Drbdsetup and drbd kernel module are not
matching!
#  Command line was '/sbin/drbdsetup /dev/nb0 disk /dev/md2 internal -1
--on-io-error=detach'
#  drbdsetup exited with code 20

#  Failed setting up drbd0

Why don't the Drbdsetup and drbd kernel module match? Everything comes straight
from the SuSe installation disks. What can I do to make them match?

I enclose my drbd.conf  file:

# Trial conf Sun 15 August 2004
#
#global {
#	minor_count 2;
#	}
#
resource drbd0 {
  protocol = C
  incon-degr-cmd = "halt -f"
startup {
	wfc-timeout = 10
	degr-wfc-timeout = 60	# 1 minute
}
disk {
	on-io-error = detach
}
net {
	sndbuf-size = 512
	max-buffers = 2048
	max-epoch-size = 2048
	connect-int = 5
	ping-int = 5
	timeout = 60
}
syncer {
	rate = 100M
	group = 1
	al-extents = 257
}
on Asterix {
    device = /dev/nb0
    disk = /dev/md2
    address = 10.10.10.10
    port = 7789
    meta-disk = internal
}
on Obelix {
  device = /dev/nb0
    disk = /dev/hda5
    address = 10.10.10.20
    port = 7789
    meta-disk = internal
}
}

Well, I hope you can help! One last thing - the "minor_count 2;" in the
'global' section doesn't work with any number, with or without the '=' sign.
Anyone know why?

Thanks,
Enrico