[DRBD-user] Re: doesn't seem to work...

dhz_bf at walla.co.il dhz_bf at walla.co.il
Sun Aug 15 11:14:29 CEST 2004

I don't understand how you start drbd.  I am using 0.6.12, and I am using /etc/init.d/drbd start to start drbd.  It takes care of loading the module (I am not using a separate modprobe command), and it waits until the syncing is complete.

Could you be more specific about the actual scripts/commands and their order.

Doron

<robert at estrell.com>
doesn't seem to work...

I am using DRBD 0.7 and wanted DRBD to wait to finish
syncing before Heartbeat is started and doesn't seem to work.

It will just sync and while syncing will start heartbeat anyway.
It doesn't wait. I though drbdsetup /dev/nb0 wait_sync will do that when added
to a script. sample script below on rc.local

modprobe drbd
drbdsetup /dev/nb0 wait_sync  <-- from here it goes,
drbd start   <-- here right away
heartbeat start <-- then here.

is my order, or commands wrong?
thanks,