[DRBD-user] drbd-0.7.0 with linux-2.4. slow?

Bernd Schubert bernd-schubert at web.de
Wed Aug 4 20:56:47 CEST 2004

> maybe redo that with record size 4K, which will give the average latency
> for single blocks, so a good estimate for a round trip time.
>  iozone -i0 -s 4M -r 4k -Q [-o -e -c]
> the same with large record size (-r 1M) does not say too much,
> just by comparing, one can see that linear streaming will do much
> better than wait for the commit of every single block...
>
> my hope for proto A would be that latency is near the unconnected values,
> which should be virtually identical to the values without drbd.

drbd connected

bernd at pc-lenz test>../test1
N:	    1024
min:	    1380
avg:	    2167
max:	  211582
N:	    1024
min:	    1543
avg:	    2119
max:	   39924

drbd disconnected:

N:	    1024
min:	    1325
avg:	    1738
max:	   40091
N:	    1024
min:	    1514
avg:	    2024
max:	   15164

('iozone -s 4m -r 4k -i0 -o -c -e -Q'  in both cases and in a nfs-mounted
directory)

Cheers,
	Bernd