[DRBD-user] drbd_md_syncq_ok : bit_map_gen ???

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Apr 27 16:03:38 CEST 2004

/ 2004-04-27 15:59:24 +0200
\ Lars Ellenberg:
> / 2004-04-27 15:52:27 +0200
> \ Benoit.Ropartz at alcatel.fr:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I want to know what is the role of "bit_map_gen"  in drbd_md_syncq_ok ??
>
> "generation counter" of the in memory bitmap of "dirty" blocks.
> used in drbd 0.6 to check whether a "quick sync" is sufficient,
> or whether we need to do a full sync regardless.
>
> should be explained in detail in some of the publications by Philipp,
> available from drbd.org.

afterthought:

if you want to read and understand, and maybe improve the DRBD code base,
don't bother with 0.6.X, rather spend your time with 0.7 please.

0.6. will not receive any updates anymore, unless someone points
out a very bad bug, which is unlikely, since it is widely used,
and behaves very stable...  it lacks some features, granted, but
thats why there is 0.7 upcomming.

	Lars Ellenberg