[DRBD-user] IP 192.168.1.2 not found on this host.

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Apr 27 14:22:24 CEST 2004

/ 2004-04-27 16:13:06 +0400
\ Eugene Crosser:
> On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 14:57, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
>
> > > root at nfsa2:~# drbdadm disconnect all
> > > /etc/drbd.conf:39: in resource drbd0, on nfsa2:
> > >         IP 192.168.1.2 not found on this host.
> >
> > probably my fault...
> > the command issues is delegated to bash like this:
> > [[ `/sbin/ip -o addr show scope global to <IP>` == *inet\ <IP>/* ]]
> >
> > maybe the "scope global" is too tight?
> > or /sbin/ip is not where it is on your box?
>
> There is no.
> AFAIK /sbin/ip is a redhatizm; the portable command is /sbin/ifconfig.

I'm not so sure about the redhatizm. I'm on SuSE :)
actually I thought of /sbin/ip as the "new way" to do it on linux,
because it is said to better support the "advanced routing options" and
better support aliases and whatnot.

> > anyways, because I expected inconsistencies with this
> > sanity check, it is currently a warning only, until I get it working
> > properly on all boxes.
>
> It's working, yes.

going to let it settle, and wait for more feedback,
eventually falling back to ifconfig, or drop this sanity check
completely, since drbdsetup should complain soon enough if the adresses
where actually unavailable.

	Lars