[DRBD-user] drbd 0.7 changed the syntax of drbd.conf

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Apr 26 15:16:31 CEST 2004

/ 2004-04-26 17:05:43 +0400
\ Eugene Crosser:
> On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 16:54, Philipp Reisner wrote:
>
> > > BTW, why drbdadm does not have "wait_sync all" option?
> > > What is the recommended way to delay heartbeat startup until initial
> > > sync is completed?  In 0.6, init.d/drbd did not finish until sync was
> > > complete so it was "automatic" if heartbeat started after drbd.
> > >

> > With DRBD-0.7 a node can be SyncTarget and Primary. No need to
> > do a wait_sync.
>
> Then how to ensure that heartbeat does not try to steal the a service
> from the peer before initial sync is complete?

no problem.  DRBD can have sync in progress,
and be operational at the same time.

ther are several cases:

everything normal.
one node fails, the other either is already primary, or becomes primary.

the failed node comes back and will become sync target.
heartbeat now can decide to fail services back to that node,
or chose to leave the services running where they are.

though for stability reasons (think of network failure) it is preferable
to not relocate services to a sync target. the resource agents and
hearbeats decision making process needs to be improved there.

	Lars Ellenberg

	Lars Ellenberg