[DRBD-user] Long downtime of two DRBD nodes

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Apr 26 14:40:30 CEST 2004

/ 2004-04-26 13:25:29 +0200
\ Xavier Mertens:
> No network change, no vpn, no firewall.
> >From the nodes point-of-view, they will be kept in the same VLAN. ;-)

you are aware that DRBD is cleartext?
SyncAll ==> complete disk image in clear text over the wire.
this of course is no problem if it is just "crossover",
or the link is competely in your physical control,
or the data is public anyways.

If there is only remotely "sensitive" data, and there only might be
someone listening on the wire whom you do not completely trust,
you should use some sort of encryption on the data link...
DRBD won't do this for you.

	Lars Ellenberg