[DRBD-user] Re: loop device and eth0 loop-back + latest version

Nuno Tavares nunotavares at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 23 19:02:19 CEST 2004

Lars,

1. Nothing arrives at /tmp/drbd_1/
   Does anyone confirms if this works?
3. # drbdsetup /dev/nb0 replicate
   "replicate is not a command"
   What? :)

Regarding if I need or not DRBD: I'm studying (Open)GFS, (Open)AFS and
Intermezzo, as well as DRBD.
I really liked what you are doing here, but I need a solution *fast*.
Still can't get drbd 0.6.12/0.7 to work, but had not much time to
experiment. I'd like to do it this evening. The problem is that I
setup both servers and cat /proc/cpu keeps showing 1: has unConfigured.
iptables is off. I had to do something wrong, will look at it tonight.

What I need is some solution that gets this possible: I have server1
and server2, both with a local filesystem subtree, which should be
identical in both servers and sync'ed in real time (as fast as possible).
Suppose this: you login to server1 and "echo SOMETHING > ~/TEST". Logout
and immediately login to server2. When you do "cat ~/TEST" you may see 1)
that the file exists and 2) look at its contents (SOMETHING).

I'm very new to this, so I'm taking small steps here.
Anyone has a suggestion? Is DRBD what I need?

And, by the way, thank you for your fast responses.

Best regards,

--
-
Nuno Tavares