[DRBD-user] ETA of DRBD 0.7

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Apr 22 20:26:01 CEST 2004

/ 2004-04-22 21:32:38 +0400
\ Eugene Crosser:
> Jokes aside, syncer does not hang here any more (50% of 200Gb and
> counting).  Did not check failver etc. yet.  But still sync speed as
> reported by /proc/drbd is almost 5 times lower than it was with 0.6.12
> (20 Mb/sec as opposed to 95).  And the size that it shows looks
> strange...  Any ideas on that?

we still have a arbitray throttle in there, might be your problem.
though I have seen more than 50M/sec in my UML test setup already...
some latency issue, I guess.
or the architectural change to timer based pull intead of push of the
synchronization data.  hm. tuning comes later...

/proc/drbd shows
56406M instead of "expected" 209146M

hm, well, it no longer shows the device size, but the size of the
to-be-synced part of it. which does not need to be the same.

actually it should only be the same for the initial sync,
and after drbdadm invalidate.

	Lars Ellenberg