[DRBD-user] ETA of DRBD 0.7

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Apr 22 18:57:15 CEST 2004

was: Re: [DRBD-user] Re: loop device and eth0 loop-back + latest version

/ 2004-04-22 09:28:12 -0700
\ Kees Cook:
> On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 11:09:35AM +0200, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> > 0.7 is actively developed, and we are very busy with it.
> > iron out the remaining races, thinkos, logic an other bugs.
> > conceptually it is much better, and features will be added only to 0.7.
> > but only after 0.7 is no longer -pre, but at least -rc .
>
> Say, is there a roadmap or ETA on a "stable" 0.7?  I'm just trying to time
> my HA roll-out.

ETA November 2003, and I mean 2003 :(
it is very close, but it is close since month.
it takes as long as it needs.

there are definetly some people which will make life tough
for me and Philipp if we don't get it going soon.
but that does not help, either ...

anyways, even then you probably don't want to be
the first guinea pig to use it in production right away.

SLES 9 has an ETA of July or something,
and it is expected to have it in. we'll see.
if not, I am probably going to guard a flock of sheep or count penguins
in down under for the next few years.  and that was no joke.

	Lars Ellenberg