[DRBD-user] drbd and Fedora Core 1 (compile problems)

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Apr 20 22:10:42 CEST 2004

/ 2004-04-20 18:58:55 +0000
\ Nuno Tavares:
> I can't compile either drbd-0.6.12 or drbd-0.7 in FC1.
>
> Here is the output:
> http://danuninho.dhis.org/~nmct/drbd.make.output.txt
> http://danuninho.dhis.org/~nmct/drbd-0.7.make.output.txt
>
> If you give me a clue on what's going on, perhaps I'll make it work.
> I'm downloading a vanilla kernel to match the differences, while I'm
> waiting.

something on your box is very weird.  both drbd 0.6 and 0.7 compile
without a single warning against linux-2.4.22-1.2135.nptl
ok, you mention linux-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl, but 2135 is what I have
available to verify.

sometimes a make mrproper helps.  and, btw, make sure you use the right
compiler. redhat/fedora tends to use a different compiler for kernel
compiles than for everything else, and maybe you even need to install
the other version explicitly.  I have no idea why they do so.

not DRBDs problem.
maybe you want to have a look at the mentioned lines in sched.h
and so on, to find the cause of your trouble.

	Lars Ellenberg